Are you still struggling to resolve the QuickBooks File Doctor Not Working problem error? We are back again with an interesting topic to solve your time and problem.
So, let’s start with today’s topic.
QuickBooks is accounting software that is managed, marketed, and developed by “Intuit”. QuickBooks products were first released in 1983 and are mainly focused to help small and medium-sized businesses to expand their business. QuickBooks offers on-premises accounting applications and cloud-based versions as well so that small and medium businesses can accept business payments, payroll functions, and the management and paying off debt and expenses.
QuickBooks offers various and different alternatives, but the most famous one is QuickBooks online which is the best software for small and medium businesses to expand their operations.
QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor is a tool that is designed to repair and recover a company’s damaged files available in the QuickBooks software. File doctor helps in solving many common problems related to the company’s files and QuickBooks network issues.
A QuickBooks file doctor can be used in the following circumstances.
- Getting Error codes such as Error 6150, Error -6000 -82, Error -6000 -305, Error -6147, 6189 while opening a business file or while QuickBooks doesn’t respond.
- Recovering the corrupted or damaged corporate files, sample files, and other important company files.
- Solving QuickBooks H series error codes like Error H101, H202, H505
- Help in getting back the missing blank vendor, customer, or employee list.
QuickBooks File Doctor Not Working Problem
QuickBooks File Doctor (QBFD) is a tool that is offered in integration with QuickBooks. It diagnoses and repairs all the issues in the files that your system is facing. This is a very useful application for businesses, but the main problem can occur if the QuickBooks file doctor will also stop working.
There are some circumstances where users have faced an issue with the software as it will stop working, hangs, crashes, or be shown as an exception. Some of the common reasons why some users can face problems while using File Doctor are listed below.
- Trying to access the incorporated files.
- Updating the files and data.
- When some QuickBooks files missed out during the installation process.
- File Doctor shows errors when the files are damaged or corrupted.
- During the updating time of the old version of the company files over a network.
How to Resolve QuickBooks File Doctor is not Working Problem
Solution 1: Manually open QuickBooks File Doctor
Sometimes, this issue can be as simple as a fault during the launch process. So, try to open the QuickBooks File Doctor manually with the process mentioned below.
- Open the application and waits till the system shows “No Company Open”
- Now, Go to File > Utilities > Repair File and Network Problems
- A pop-up notification will come out. After that, click on Ok. After that, QuickBooks File Doctor will restart the application.
- Click on Yes.
- Now, open the QuickBooks File Doctor application and select continue.
- Enter your user log-in credential details. QuickBooks file doctor will now start working on repairing your damaged files.
- Then, from the advanced settings option, Select “File Diagnosis Only”.
- Click on Next.
- Now, open your files and check for the issues or the repairs needed.
Solution 2: Restoring the Backup of the Corrupted QuickBooks files
In case, if you already have the backup of your files, then you can use this process to recover the corrupted files.
- Open QuickBooks and click on the file option, followed by a click on the “Open or Restore Company” option.
- Now select “Click Open or Restore a Backup Copy” and then proceed by clicking on the Next Button.
- Select the local back up option, and then select on next button.
- After then, a drop-down menu will appear, and then select the backup file location.
- A file that has a “.QBB extension” has to be selected and then click on “open” and then “next” button.
- A save drop-down menu will appear and then you have to select the location for restoring the backup files.
- Enter the name of the file in the name field. A “Save as” option will automatically pop up with the entry of “. QBW” file.
- At last, press the save button in order to end the complete restoration process. In case, if this step, doesn’t work, then opt for recovery option by using Auto Data Recovery.
QuickBooks File Doctor error is not a big problem. It can be solved easily by following each and every single step. In case, if you are facing the same problem, we will recommend you to first read the reasons for the problem. There may be chances, that you were making a small mistake during the execution process. After that, you can use any of the above-mentioned solution to solve your problem.
We hope, the above-mentioned post has helped you to solve your problem of the “QuickBooks File Doctor Not Working”. In case, if you think the process is useful, do share it with your friends and colleagues. In case, if you still have any doubt or issue with this topic, then feel free to reach out to us, we will be happy to solve your queries.