QuickBooks is applauded as one of the most trusted accounting programs among business owners, entrepreneurs, and CPAs. Installing the application on your system gives you a myriad of competitive advantages.
However, you need to ensure that the software is properly installed. Partial or damaged installation of the QuickBooks can evoke multi-faceted issues when running the program. Read this full post to understand and resolve common QuickBooks installation errors Windows and Mac. Let’s explore!
Common Installation Issues in QuickBooks Desktop & Mac
There are multiple factors that can evoke issues when installing the program. Some of the most common QuickBooks Desktop installation errors are stated in the below-given list:
- QuickBooks Install Error 1402
- QuickBooks Error Code 1603
- QuickBooks Error Message 1722
- QuickBooks Installation Error 1903
- Install Error 1935 in QuickBooks
- Microsoft .NET Framework errors
- Errors related to damaged MSXML and C++
- QuickBooks stopped working issues
- Install Error Code 1334
- Error 1712 When installing QuickBooks
- Error Code 1904 in QuickBooks
- Error in verifying the subscription
- ABS PDF driver errors
Users encounter these issues when installing the program on their machines. If you are also annoyed with these issues, below are some important considerations for you.
Primary Reasons Behind QuickBooks Desktop Installation Errors
Below are some of the main reasons that can trigger installation errors in QuickBooks software:
- When you perform the double-click multiple times when opening the QuickBooks application.
- Faulty way of opening a specific file.
- Incorrect file name or extension corrupts all the data, evoking installation errors in QuickBooks.
- The issues with the reports and other windows in the file.
- Missing and damaged Windows components can also lead to the improper installation of the program.
- When users attempt to open the company file/folder with a different version of the QuickBooks program.
Troubleshooting Solutions to Eliminate QuickBooks Installation Errors Windows and Mac
If you are getting install errors in QuickBooks every now and then, it is crucial to know their possible reasons. Now that you know them, below are some handy solutions to resolve the error:
Solution 1: Utilize QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks install diagnostic tool can detect and resolve the common installation issues in the program. You can access this tool by downloading QuickBooks Tool Hub. To do so:
- Close QuickBooks before starting the procedure.
- Now go to Intuit’s official website and download QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Save the file to a suitable location.
- Now go to the download location and open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions carefully and agree to the terms and conditions to install the tool.
- Next, from within the QuickBooks Tool Hub, select Installation Issues.
- Moving ahead, choose QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to run it for the error resolution.
- Wait until the tool finishes its job. It may take up to 20 minutes.
- Once the process ends, reboot the system.
Solution 2: Update Windows to The Latest Release
QuickBooks install error is closely related to an outdated Windows. The steps involved in upgrading Windows are:
- To manually update Microsoft, you can go to its update page.
- Once your Windows is updated, restart the system.
- Now try to open QuickBooks and your data file to check if the error is fixed.
- If not, you will require to install QuickBooks Desktop again.
If you can install the program without any trouble, QuickBooks installation errors windows and Mac are fixed. If not, the struggle has not yet ended.
Solution 3: Manually Fix the Windows Components
Windows components are essential for the smooth download, setup and maintenance of the programs. When damaged, you may get an error when installing a new program. QuickBooks install diagnostic tool resolves damaged Windows components. However, if they are not repaired, follow the below-given steps to fix them manually:
- In the first place, try to repair the Microsoft .NET Framework for the error resolution. If it does not fix the issue, reinstall this Microsoft Windows component.
- Once done, you need to manually repair the Microsoft MSXML.
After fixing the Windows components manually, check the status of QuickBooks desktop installation errors.
Solution 4: Install QuickBooks In Selective Startup Mode
Selective Startup Mode lets users close the unnecessary Windows applications and services that can obstruct the normal QuickBooks installation. Therefore, try to install the QuickBooks software in the selective startup mode by following the below-given steps:
- Press Windows + R keys together to open the Run window.
- Once done, type MSConfig in the box and then select OK.
- Moving ahead, choose the Selective Startup and load system services.
- Now go to the services tab and choose to hide all Microsoft services.
- Next, you need to select disable all options.
- Uncheck the box to hide all Microsoft services.
- Also, make sure that the windows installer checkbox is marked.
- Click the OK tab and then restart your system.
- You may now proceed further with Uninstall or install QuickBooks desktop.
- Now switch back to normal startup mode.
- Again, press Windows + R keys together on your keyboard.
- Now type in MSConfig and click the OK button.
- From within the general tab, choose the normal startup and click OK.
- In the end, choose restart.
Solution 5: Terminate QBW32.exe Process
QBW32.exe Process can sometimes cause an error when installing the QuickBooks application. To resolve this issue, you need to close the QBW32.exe process by performing the below-given steps carefully:
- Right-click on Windows Taskbar and then select the Start Task Manager option.
- Next, hit the Processes tab.
- Moving ahead, click the image name header to sort it alphabetically.
- Now locate and select QBW32.exe.
- Finally, click the end process tab to finish the task.
After closing the process, try to install QuickBooks software.
The solutions discussed in this post suppresses the possible factors that can cause QuickBooks installation errors in windows and Mac. However, it is not assured that these solutions will altogether resolve the installation error in QuickBooks Desktop. Worry not! You can save your crucial time and get the error resolved by dialling our QuickBooks error helpline number. By reaching us, you can save your effort in the trial and error methods used in eliminating the error. Describe the specifics of the error and get it fixed in no time.