What is QuickBooks Error 1310?
Whenever you are installing or updating a new version of the QuickBooks Desktop, then the QuickBooks error 1310 is more likely to appear. This error commonly indicates the “Error writing to the file”.
So, let’s discuss how to solve the QuickBooks error code 1310.
How to solve the QuickBooks error1310
This error can be solved easily when the steps are followed properly. Here are the steps which you can easily follow to troubleshoot the problem.
Method 1: Installing QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Error code 1310 typically occurs when a user tries to install or update the QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version. Although, the QuickBooks Diagnostic tool is a program that is designed to end the errors which occur during the installation process of any software. Once, you have installed the Diagnostic tool, open it to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 1310.
Method 2: Update user account control settings
Updating user account control settings can fix QB error 1310. Here are the steps which you can follow to change the account control settings.
- At first, press Windows+ R together to open the run box.
- Here, type the Control Panelin the insert value and then press the enter key to proceed ahead.
- Then go to the “User Account”and then click on “Change User Account Control Settings”.
- Now, you will get a pop-up notification asking for confirmation. Click on Yes.
- Then shift the slider downwards to ignore notifications in the future asking to turn the UAC off.
- At last, click on the OKand then Restart the system. Then again try to install the software which you were initially doing and it will be installed without showing the QuickBooks Error Code 1310.
Getting errors while using QuickBooks is not a big deal. There are a lot of errors such as 1304, 1311, 5502, 1601, etc. Due to technical or system issues, you may face these errors. The only way to solve these errors is to stay calm while using it and follow every single step to get rid of the issue.
In this article, we have mentioned all the necessary details regarding QuickBooks and the error code 1310. You can use any of the methods at your convenience to solve the error. In case, if any business friend or colleague is facing the same issue, do share it with them as well.
Also read: Fix QuickBooks Error H202