Are you facing QuickBooks Error Code 80070057? If yes, then you are reading the right blog. In this blog post, we will provide you with all the information about why the QuickBooks error code 80070057 occurs and how to resolve the error. So, if you also want to get the error resolved, then stay tuned and read this informative blog post till the end.
What is QuickBooks Error 80070057?
QuickBooks error code 80070057 (the parameter is incorrect) is a run time error code that occurs when the user tries to open the company’s file in the QuickBooks desktop account. This error is usually related to the communication issues between the QuickBooks company file and the network.
This error states that you don’t have enough permissions to delete the QuickBooks company file in the specific folder. QuickBooks error 80070057 occurs with a pop-up display message as:
Read Also: How to Add User to QuickBooks
Possible Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
Now, some of the possible reasons due to why the error code 80070057 occurs are as follows.
- When the network data file is damaged or corrupted.
- When the firewall and the internet settings are incorrect.
- The QuickBooks company file extension has been changed due to why QuickBooks cannot read your company file.
- The QuickBooks file extensions are incorrect.
- When the QuickBooks company file is missing from your system.
How to Identify QuickBooks Error Code 80070057?
Let’s look at the points that you can look at to identify the QuickBooks error code 80070057.
- Your system is hanging simultaneously.
- When you don’t have enough permission to delete the company’s file.
- The QuickBooks desktop is crashing simultaneously.
- A pop-up display message appears on your screen with the Error code 80070057.
Quick Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
Once you are cleared with the possible reasons behind the occurrence of the error, let’s look at the solutions you can follow to resolve the QuickBooks error code 80070057.
Solution 1. Download the Latest Updates of QuickBooks Desktop
If you have not downloaded the new updates of the QuickBooks desktop for a long time, it might lead to many QuickBooks errors, and the error code 80070057 is among them.
So, below mentioned are the steps that you can follow to update the QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version.
- Firstly, launch the QuickBooks desktop application.
- Then go to the help menu section.
- Under the drop-down list, click on the “Update QuickBooks” option.
- Now, click on the “Update Now” tab and the “Get Updates” option.
- Moving ahead, select the automatic update feature, so you don’t have to download the new updates manually.
- After that, change the extension of the updated folder and create a new folder.
- Copy the company’s file from the original folder and paste it to the newly created folder.
- At last, replace the extension of the folder with “.qbm.”
After performing the above steps, you have successfully updated the QuickBooks desktop to the latest version. Then, try to access the company’s file and check if you are still facing the QuickBooks error or is it still occurring.
Solution 2. Transfer the Company File to Default Location
To relocate the company’s file to the default location, here are the steps you can follow to get it done.
- At first, exit the QuickBooks desktop application.
- Now, navigate to the location where the QuickBooks company file is saved.
- Then right-click on the “Company” file and click on the “Copy” option.
- After that, browse to this location, C:/ Users/ Public/ Public Documents/ Intuit/ QuickBooks/ Company Files.
- Press the “Ctrl + V” keys together at this location to paste the company file.
- Moving ahead, open the QuickBooks desktop and click on the “Find a Company File” option.
- Then select the local drives and search for the company file name.
- At last, click on the “Correct Company Files” option and the “Open” option.
Solution 3. Correctly Open the Company File
There can be some chances that you will make some silly mistakes while opening the QuickBooks company file. Below are the steps you can follow to open the QuickBooks company file.
- The first step is to launch the QuickBooks desktop application by double-clicking on the QuickBooks icon on the desktop screen.
- Now, on the home page of QuickBooks, click on the “File” menu option.
- After that, click on the “Open Previous Company” option.
- There, please select your company file and click on it.
- At last, click on the “Open” option.
If by performing the steps mentioned above, you are still unable to open the company’s file, then the issue is related to something else. In that situation, don’t panic and jump on to the next solution.
Solution 4. Change the Name of the Network Data File
For renaming the Network Data (.ND) file, below are the steps you can follow to accomplish the task.
- First, run the QuickBooks desktop application, and press the F2 key on your keyboard.
- Afterward, select the folder in which the company’s files are saved.
- The next step is to search for the network data(.nd) file.
- Now, right-click on the file’s name and click on the “Rename” option.
- After that, you must add “.old” at the end of the name. The new extension of the file will be ending as “.nd.old.”
After performing the steps mentioned above, you have to re-login to your QuickBooks desktop account. Thereon, examine if the QuickBooks error 80070057 has been resolved or not.
Solution 5. Download and Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
First, you must download and install the QuickBooks Install Tool for using the QuickBooks file doctor tool. To get it done, below mentioned are the steps you can follow using the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- First, download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub (220.127.116.11). You can download this tool from the official product page of QuickBooks.
- Once the downloading ends, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the tool on your PC.
- Next, open the downloaded tool, and from the left panel of the screen, click on the “Company File Issues” option.
- After that, under the new page, click on the “Run QuickBooks File Doctor” tool option.
- Now, the file doctor tool will start scanning the company’s file and automatically repair the issues related to the file.
- This scanning process will take 15 to 20 minutes, depending upon the speed of your computer and internet.
As the scanning process gets accomplished, try to access the QuickBooks company file, and if you are still facing the error, jump on to the next solution.
Solution 6. Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Below are the steps you can follow to use the QuickBooks database server manager tool on your PC.
- At first, launch the QuickBooks Tool hub.
- Now, in the tool hub, click on the “Network Issues” option available on the left side of the screen.
- Then click on the “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” option.
- After that, click on the “Start Scan” option and the “Browse” option to select your company’s file.
- At last, once the scanning ends, then click on the “Close” option.
After performing the steps mentioned above, examine if the QuickBooks error 80070057 has been fixed or not.
Solution 7. Run QuickBooks With Administrative Rights
The last step you can follow to resolve the QuickBooks error code 80070057 is opening the QuickBooks desktop with administrative rights. For doing that, below are the steps you can follow to get it done.
- Begin this process by closing the running QuickBooks desktop application.
- Thereon, right-click on the QuickBooks desktop icon.
- Now, click on the “Run As Administrator” option.
- Then launch the QuickBooks desktop application.
After that, try to access the company’s file where you face the error. After following the steps mentioned above, the QuickBooks error code 80070057 will be resolved.
Read Also: Quickbooks Desktop 2022
So, that’s all with today’s blog on how to fix the QuickBooks error 80070057. This blog post has covered all the solutions you can follow to resolve the QuickBooks error code 80070057. You can easily follow the steps mentioned earlier to resolve the error. In case, while performing the steps mentioned earlier, you face any challenge, then you can reach us through the chat box. You can also write us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our experienced and professional experts with in-depth knowledge about QuickBooks are available 24*7 at the help desk to attend to your query.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. How can I unlock a QuickBooks company file?
A: For unlocking a company’s file in QuickBooks, first open the QuickBooks Desktop. Then select your company file from the list under the “No Company Open” window. After that, press the “Alt” key on your keyboard, and click on the “Open” option. Keep holding the “alt” key till the file gets opened.
2. Why does the QuickBooks data get damaged or corrupted?
A: The QuickBooks data can gets damaged due to the internal errors related to QuickBooks and external problems related to the file location. Mainly, the data files get damaged, including LVL errors which can be repaired within QuickBooks.
3. How can I clean up the company’s file in my QuickBooks desktop account?
A: Go to the File menu to clean up the QuickBooks company file. Click on the “Utilities” option and select “Clean Up Company Data.” Moving ahead, put a checkmark in front of the Compress data box and click on the “OK” option.
4. How can I open a file in Multi-user mode?
- First, go to the File menu settings of the QuickBooks account.
- Then, go to the “Open or Restore Company”> “Open a company file”> “Next.”
- Click on the “Next” option and navigate to the company file location.
- Lastly, select your company file from the list and click “Open.”