QuickBooks is one of the foremost accounting applications which offers a variety of solutions focussed on providing small and medium-scale business enterprises. Along with accounting solutions, users are benefited from various HR-related features like payroll processing, employee data management, and various others. Along with Payroll, users can also create Pay Stubs, which can be helpful for both the employee and the employer to track and create a record of their wages.
Here we are going to discuss how you can Create and Print Pay Stubs on Quickbooks along with other useful information. Pay Stubs or paychecks is an important document that provides all the details regarding anyone\’s employment for a given period of time, like the number of working, leaves, salary received per month, and other necessary details apart from the timely payroll Pay Stubs is mandatory to be issued to the employee. Read the article further to know more about printing Pay Stubs in QuickBooks.
How to Print Pay Stubs in QuickBooks Online or Desktop payroll
Printing Pay Stubs is different when using QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Payroll. However, two major steps are the same for both QuickBooks Payroll Online and Desktop, which are listed below:
- Setting Up Printer Preference
- Printing Paychecks
After that, if you want, you can reprint your paycheck. Follow the given process to print Pay Stubs in QuickBooks.
How to Print Pay Stubs in QuickBooks
Launch QuickBooks Payroll Desktop in your system and then follow the given steps:
1. Setting Up Printing Preferences in QuickBooks Desktop
- Navigate the file option and then select Printer Setup. A drop-down menu will appear on the screen.
- From the drop-down, select Form Name and then select Check/Paycheck.
- Now from the settings tab, you need to select printer preference (Printer Name and Printer Type).
- After that, you need to choose the paper specification on which you need to print Pay Stubs (Voucher, Standard, or Wallet).
- You can also customize other details in the Pay Stubs, like the company logo, name, and background.
- Once you have made changes, select OK.
2. Setup Pay Stubs in QuickBooks
Once you have selected your printing preferences for Paychecks, you need to set up Pay Stubs, for which steps are listed below:
- Re-open QuickBooks and then go to the File option, after which select \”Print Forms.\”
- Now choose “Pay Stubs.” and select the Bank Account through which you wish to process Payroll.
- Select the date range for the period in which you want to print pay stubs. You can also print Pay Stubs for a specific employee.
- Enter or customize other details like the company message or company logo in the background.
- While setting up the paycheck process, you need to scrutinize various other details, like the check number on the printer and the application.
- Select Preview, and after that, choose Print.
Print Pay Stubs in QuickBooks Online
Launch QuickBooks Online on your Browser, and after that, follow the given steps:
1. Setup Printing Preference in QuickBooks Online
- Navigate the settings option, click on it, and then select Payroll Settings.
- In the setting under the Printing section, click on the edit button and select your preferences for the printing paper, i.e., whether you want to print on plain paper or QuickBook-compatible check paper.
- Save settings and then proceed to print the paychecks in QuickBooks Online.
2. Print Pay Stubs in QuickBooks Online
- Select Payroll and then choose Employees. From the pay checklist, you can choose the data range or any specific employee whose pay stub you need to print.
- Check all the details are correct, and then go to the Action column and click on Print.
Reprint Pay Stubs in QuickBooks Payroll Online and Desktop
In case you want to reprint any paychecks or Pay Stubs, you can follow the same process for QuickBooks Online discussed. To reprint Pay Stubs in QuickBooks Desktop, follow the given steps:
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop and then select the List and then Charts of Account.
- After that, choose the bank account through which you made the Payroll.
- If you want to reprint only one paycheck, then select Print, OK and then \”Save and Close.\”
- For reprinting multiple checks, you need to select print later and repeat the process for all the checks you want to print. Go to File, click Print Forms, select Paychecks, OK, and then Print.
Basic Troubleshooting Measure to avoid any Printing Issues in QuickBooks
You need to take some troubleshooting measures in order to avoid any issues with the printer. Some of them are given below:
- Set the printer on which you want to print to default.
- Select the \”Shrink to Printable Area\” for the Pay Stubs to fit better.
Apart from that, you need to take the following precautions to avoid any technical errors while printing Pay Stubs on QuickBooks.
- Clear the browser history while printing Pay Stubs on QuickBooks Payroll Online.
- Add Intuit as the trusted site to avoid issues with Antivirus.
- Install a PDF reader to preview the printing page like Adobe Acrobat Reader.
QuickBooks Workforce is a utility provided by QuickBooks through which employee can check their employment and also print pay stubs and another related documents by themselves. Through this option, any employee who has created an account on Workforce will receive a notification that their Pay Stubs have been prepared, and they can view them.
Inviting Employees to QuickBooks Workforce
To utilize this option, employees needed to be invited first, for which we have discussed the steps below:
- First, you need to run QuickBooks as an administrator. Select the option \”Employee\” and then Employee Center.
- Select the employee you want to invite on QuickBooks Workforce. Add their contact details like email and address. In case of new Employees whose details have not been updated, click \”Add New.\”
- You need to repeat the above steps in case you want to invite more employees.
- Now, from the Employee option, select \”Manage Payroll Cloud Service.\” Go to QuickBooks Workforce and then select an employee.
- Select the Employees, add their Email ID, and then click \”Send Invite.\”
Wrapping it Up
From the above, we hope that now you can utilize the feature of generating and printing Pay Stubs through QuickBooks Online and Desktop applications. While generating Pay Stubs or making any financial transaction, make sure to take the basic precautions mentioned above to avoid any errors. In case you need any assistance, reach out to us at the given number or use the live chat option. Our technical team is available 24/7 to help with any issue for not only Sage 50 but also other accounting applications.
Read also :- QuickBooks Error 15276