Fix QBW32.exe, not Responding, QBW32.exe not Responding, Fix QuickBooks QBW32.exe Error.
The “QBW32.exe Not Responding” error is one of the common QuickBooks errors the users face most frequently. This application error occurs when the QuickBooks does not respond or open. Well, this post is going to be related to this error. In this post, we will take you through the possible reasons for this error and how to fix the “QBW32.exe not responding” error. So, stay tuned for the entire blog.
What is QBW32.exe Error?
QBW32.exe is a file that connects the value of Payroll and the QuickBooks pro software for the Windows operating system. The QuickBooks error “QBW32.exe” mainly occurs when there are a lot of spam or junk emails or when the users are trying to access infected sites. This error arises when the user tries to open the application or when trying to take a printout.
Why QBW32.exe Not Responding Error Arises?
To fix the QuickBooks QBW32.exe error, a user must understand the possible reasons why the error occurs. So, below are the possible reasons why the QBW32.exe error arises.
• The QBWIN32.dll (Directory of QuickBooks) file is missing from your system.
• The QWB32.exe file has been moved out from the QuickBooks directory file.
• When the QBUSER.ini file is damaged or corrupted.
• When you are using an outdated or incompatible version of QuickBooks.
• Using wrong methods to access the files.
How to Fix QBW32.exe Not Responding Error?
So, let’s look at the solutions you can follow to resolve the QuickBooks qbw32.exe error.
Solution 1: Close QBW32.exe process in Task Manager
Closing the QBW32.exe pending process in the task manager can also lead to the solution of the problem. So, below mentioned are the steps that you can follow to end the pending QBW32.exe process in the task manager.
• First, right-click on the taskbar available on the footer side of the desktop screen.
• Now, click on the “Task Manager” option.
• Then click on the “Start Task Manager” option and shift to the “Process” tab.
• Now, go to the “Image Name Header” option so that the results can be arranged alphabetically.
• After that, locate and click on the “QBW32.exe” file.
• At last, click on the “End Process” button to end the process.
Once you have closed the pending process, then try to launch the QuickBooks desktop application again and check if the error has been resolved or not.
Solution 2: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
So, to run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to solve the QBW32.exe error, here are the steps you can follow to get it done.
• First, download and install the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool on your PC.
• After the save the file on your PC and remember the location.
• After that, close the “All Programs” window and then launch the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
• This process will take around 20-25 minutes to complete, depending on your internet speed and computer performance.
Once the process ends, restart your PC and launch the QuickBooks Desktop application; if the error persists, then jump on to the next solution.
Solution 3: Suppress the QuickBooks Desktop Application
Suppressing the QuickBooks Desktop can also be a solution to solve the QBW32.exe error. Let’s look at the process you can follow to suppress the QuickBooks desktop.
Suppressing QuickBooks Desktop while launching the application:
• At first, press and hold the “Ctrl” key..
• Later, double-click on the “QuickBooks Program” icon.
• Now, press and hold the “Ctrl” key until the “No Company Open” pop-up displays on your PC screen.
Suppressing QuickBooks Desktop while opening the Company’s file:
• Select your Company’s file under the “No Company Open” pop-up screen.
• After that, press the “Alt” key and click on the “Open” button on the right side.
• At last, click on the “OK” option to end the task.
Solution 4: Restart your PC
The simplest way to solve any problem on your PC is to perform a deep restart. For performing a restart of the PC, perform these steps.
• First, close all the background running applications on your PC.
• After that, go to the start menu and click on the “Power” and then “Restart” option.
• You can directly press the “Alt + F4” keys to open the power of Window.
• Click on the drop-down list arrow icon, select the “Restart” option, and then click on the “OK” option.
Once your PC is restarted, launch the QuickBooks again and check if this solution has helped you fix QuickBooks QBW32.exe Error.
Solution 5: Perform a Quick Repair Process of QuickBooks Desktop
By repairing the faults or issues with the QuickBooks desktop application, you can directly resolve the QuickBooks QBW32.exe error. So, here are the steps that you can follow to perform a quick repair process of the QuickBooks desktop application.
• First, exit the QuickBooks desktop application.
• Thereon, go to the Windows start menu.
• Then in the search box, type “Control Panel” and go to the Control panel settings.
• Under the control panel option, click on the “Programs and Features” option.
• After that, click the “Uninstall a Program” option and select the QuickBooks desktop under the given programs list.
• Now, click on the “Uninstall” option.
• Then a new pop-up window will prompt you with a permission box asking to repair or repair the application.
• Move ahead by clicking on the “Repair” option and then hit the “Next” option.
• Now, the program will take some time to fix the application.
• Once the process ends, restart your PC and check if this solution has eliminated the QBW32.exe error or if it still exists.
Solution 6: Perform a Clean Install of QuickBooks Desktop Application
Below are the steps you can follow to perform a clean install of the QuickBooks desktop application.
A. Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
• First, go to the control panel and click on the “Programs and Features” option.
• Now, search and click on the “Uninstall a Program” option.
• After that, under the list of programs, select the QuickBooks desktop.
• Now, click on the “Uninstall” option.
• At last, select the “Remove” option and then hit the “Next” button.
B. Change the name of the Installed Folder
To locate the installed folder, navigate to the following locations.
• C:\ Users\ (current user)\ App Data\ Local\ Intuit\ QuickBooks (year)
• C:\ Program Data\ Intuit\ QuickBooks (year)
• 64-bit version C:\ Program Files (x86)\ Intuit\ QuickBooks (year)
• C:\ Program Files\ Intuit\ QuickBooks (year).
Now, right-click on the folder to select it and then click on the rename option. At last, add “.old” at the end of the name.
C. Install QuickBooks Desktop
• Download the QuickBooks desktop application as per your PC’s operating system version.
• After that, save the QuickBooks.exe file and follow the on-screen steps to complete the process.
• Then accept all the terms and conditions and license agreements and click on the “Next” option.
• At last, add your product and license key and click on the “Next” button to end the process.
After performing the clean install of the QuickBooks desktop application, launch the QuickBooks desktop application.
Read Also: Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
We hope this blog finds you well. In this blog, we have listed the six solutions that you can follow step by step to eliminate the QBW32.exe error. Even after following the steps mentioned above, if by chance the error still exists or if you have any other query related to the topic, then feel free to reach out to us through the chat box, or you can also mail us your query at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our experienced and professional experts with in-depth knowledge about QuickBooks are available 24/7 to assist you better.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Why does a QuickBooks file gets damaged or corrupted?
A: There are many reasons why a QuickBooks file can get damaged or corrupted. These errors can be related to hardware or software issues, internet connection issues, large-size files, PC hanging frequently, or the presence of viruses or malware on PC.
2. What does the QBW32.exe stand for?
A: The QuickBooks QBW32.exe is a file that connects the value of Payroll and the QuickBooks pro software for the Windows operating system (OS). This error usually occurs when there are a lot of spam emails or when the users are trying to access some of the infected sites.
3. Which version of QuickBooks is fully compatible with Windows 10?
A: The Windows 10 version of 1709 is fully compatible with the QuickBooks Desktop version from 2017 to 2020, and the Windows 10 versions of 1507, 1511, 1607, and 1703 are no longer compatible with using the QuickBooks desktop application.