Apart from QuickBooks advantages, QuickBooks error 3371 is caused unnecessarily. QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 is caused when the QuickBooks system file entitlementDataStore.ecml get damaged, that contains the properties license of your QuickBooks Desktop. The error message displays “could not initialize license properties”. This message is displaying in a dialogue box, and when you press Ok, another box comes up.
The file damage occurs due to the incorrect shut down of your system while your software is accessed for few reasons. So, QuickBooks fails to synchronize the license properties every time you access your QuickBooks, and the error 3371 status code 11118 is shown up on your screen. To fix this issue, some requirements need to be fulfilled. So, let’s go further to resolve QuickBooks error 3371. To fix it quickly, you must call QuickBooks customer support to troubleshoot it with appropriate solutions.
Causes Behind QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
QuickBooks Error 3371 results from multiple issues related to your QuickBooks Software or Operating System components, as mentioned below.
- It can be an additional damaged component as an onscreen message displays QuickBooks error 3371 that can’t load the license data. In addition, it may cause missing or broken files. QuickBooks tries to read damage QBregistration.dat each time you start it.
- Troubleshoot the damaged MSXML component that relates to Windows Operating System and required to run QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Few system protections like anti-virus programs block QuickBooks Desktop that stops the synchronization with the essential Windows components required by QuickBooks desktop
- Failed windows updates can place the components of your Windows outdated and not required by QuickBooks. Outdated windows can lead to more issues to your QuickBooks Desktop too.
- Crashed error in QuickBooks desktop
- A problem to stop QuickBooks has occurred. Windows will shut the program to notify you if a solution is present
- Issues with printing, emailing, or saving as a PDF is available on the QuickBooks desktop
- You will lose connection to the QuickBooks data file
- QuickBooks data performance problem
- While installing and repairing QuickBooks, you will come across few errors in the QuickBooks desktop.
Troubleshooting Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
Some rectifying solutions are mentioned below to fix QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118.
Method – 1 Remove ecml File
- Firstly, press Windows+R together from your keyboard
- Type the path C:\ProgramData\Intuit\EntitlementClient\v8 in the window
- Windows Explorer will access the above address
- Now, remove the ecml file, Shut down the windows
- Finally, run the QuickBooks and register the item once again.
Method – 2 Upgrade Your Windows Operating System
- Firstly, press on the Start button
- Now, choose All Programs and then press on Windows Update
- After that, press on check for updates
- Next, press and reinstall the QuickBooks desktop again.
Method – 3 Install Latest Windows Upgrade
- Firstly, you have to install the latest updates for Windows
- Next, choose All Programs and then press on Windows Update
Method – 4 Rename the Entitlement File
For Windows 7
- First of all, move to C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlementClientv
- You require to rename the Entitlement file
- When you start QuickBooks, it will make a new file
- If the program folder is not visible, follow the steps given below to show it
- Go through the Path Computer, Choose Organize, Select Folder, Search Options
- Then, press on hidden files and folders.
- Finally, access QuickBooks to look whether QuickBooks error 3371 is fixed.
For Windows XP users
- Firstly, press on the Start button and select Run
- Now, type this path to search Entitlement DataStore.ecml file C: Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Intuit Entitlement Client v2
- After that, press Ok
- Now, rename Entitlement DataStore.ecml file.
After going through the above solutions, you must fix QuickBooks error 3371. If you can’t resolve this issue, you must dial the QuickBooks support number to fix it quickly.