One of the largest accounting software that Americans believe in, QuickBooks is a place where you can find solutions to all your accounting problems. However, just like any other software, QuickBooks also faces some errors at times, and people look for solutions for the same. For example, one of QuickBooks’ most asked questions is how to fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118.
If you have also landed on this page looking for answers to the same question, then read this blog till the end. Here, we will introduce you to the cause of the error and also how to fix QuickBooks Error 3371.
If you have any issues, you can Talk to our QuickBooks Expert
What is QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 occurs at the time of installation. This is when you are working with a corrupted entitlementDataStore.ECML file. This file holds your QuickBooks desktop license properties. You might also face this error in case you shut down your desktop while your software is not closed.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
If you are wondering what takes you to the point where you need to start looking for solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118, this is why:
- Any of your QuickBooks company files are corrupted or missing.
- Your QBregistration.dat file might be damaged.
- Check if your firewall or virus is creating a blockage for your QuickBooks Desktop software.
- In case you have a pending or incomplete Windows update.
- See if your MSXML component is damaged.
Also, make sure that you have saved the files first. Otherwise, you will face QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118.
Troubleshooting Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
If you are struggling with QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 and are looking for solutions, here are some:
Solution 1: Erase ECML file
ECML file is what contains the license properties of your QuickBooks Desktop. If this file is corrupted, delete it to fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118.
- Go to Settings and look for the Run command box or simultaneously press Windows + R.
- Here in the given space, enter C:\ProgramData\intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- Once the Windows direct to this path, you will find the entitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Click on that and delete it.
Solution 2: Update Your Windows
Another solution to QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 is to get the latest version of Windows.
- Head to Settings from the Start menu.
- Here, click on Windows Update.
- On the next page, click on Check for Updates.
- If there is any update available, go ahead and hit the Install now button.
- Once the Windows is updated, try to run QuickBooks again.
Solution 3: Use Quick Fix my Program
If you still can’t find solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118, try using Quick Fix my Program.
- To initiate the process, the first step is to install QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Once you install and run the software, click on Quick Fix my Program. This is available under the Program Problems tab.
- Lastly, go back to QuickBooks and check if you have resolved QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118.
Solution 4: Try Running QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Again to work with QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, you require QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Go and download QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- In the software, click on the Installation Issues from the list available on the left side of the page.
- Here, hit the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and wait for a couple of minutes.
- After finishing the process, reboot your desktop and then try to run QuickBooks again.
Solution 5: Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 Manually
if the issue is yet not resolved, then go ahead and fix it manually.
- Firstly, you will have to recreate and rename entitlementDataStore.ecml file to fix the damage there.
- Next, head to QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and resolve issues with MSXML and Microsoft.NET Framework.
- Now, click on the clean install from the Installation Issues section of the hub and reinstall it.
- Furthermore, run the reboot.file.
- Lastly, make sure you have the latest release of QuickBooks.
We hope that this blog provided you with the best solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 and that we were able to resolve your issue. However, if you still have questions or are looking for some personal assistance, then you can reach out to us. You can email me at email@example.com. Our team operates 24×7. Therefore we will get back to you soon and provide you with our best services.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error H202
1. Why does QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 keeps occurring as soon as I open QuickBooks?
QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 might occur due to many reasons: damaged ecml or data file, corrupted company file, outdated Windows, interference by virus or firewall, or MSXML pitfall.
2. How can I clean QuickBooks Desktop Install?
If you need to clean QuickBooks Desktop install, this is what you need to do:
- Go and install QuickBooks Tools Hub on your computer.
- Here, go to the Installation Issues page.
- On this tab, you will find the Clean Install Tool option.
- Next, click on that and select your current QuickBooks version and other products.
- Finally, reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
3. How can I restore my QuickBooks Desktop?
If you are facing QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118, restoring the software might help.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and open the File menu from the top left corner of the page.
- From the long list, go to Open or Restore Company.
- Click on Restore a backup copy and hit Next.
- Now, locate the backup file in your system. It would be in .qbb format.
- Next, put the file in another folder and open it.
- Once done, save the file. Make sure not to overwrite anything.
4. Can I restore my deleted QuickBooks file?
Yes, you can restore your deleted QuickBooks file.
- Go to the QuickBooks folder in your system and hit the Restore all items tab.
- You can locate this tab under the Manage group option in the Start menu.
- Now, to restore the files, long-press the Control (CTRL) button and select the files you want to restore.
- Finally, click on Restore the selected items.