Encountering one or the other error in QuickBooks is pretty much a common occurrence. But, often people find this annoying and are unable to handle these issues.
However, QuickBooks Error Code 1612 can be resolved easily using a bunch of simple steps. In this blog, we will be discussing the QuickBooks Error code 1612, what it means, what are the reasons behind it and what are the steps that can be performed to eliminate it entirely. To know more, you need to make sure to read the article till the end.
What Exactly is QuickBooks Error 1612?
When the user tries to open the QuickBooks software and the company file along with it, or when he/she tries to update the software to the latest version, you get the QuickBooks Error 1612 with a warning message that states “Error 1612: The update installer is not accessible”.
This can be a little annoying for the users and might hinder the smooth working of the software which needs to be eliminated immediately.
What Causes QuickBooks error code 1612?
The QuickBooks Error Code 1612 can be caused by either one of the following reasons:
- An improper or corrupt installation of the QuickBooks software
- Another reason could be an invalid or unauthorized window registries
- A malicious virus or malware attack could be causing this
- Power fluctuation leading to shutting down of the system
- A damaged or corrupt company file
Methods to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 1612
There are a host of methods that can be employed to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error Code 1612. Some of these are:
For Windows 7 and Windows Vista
For Windows 7 users, it is imperative to first click on the Start tab
Thereafter, go to Programs and Features
- Subsequently, click on the Control Panel
- You need to then click on Programs
- Thereafter, you need to look for the Windows Installer error code
- Furthermore, click on the Windows Installer associated entry
- Next, hit on the Uninstall Tab
- Perform the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the process
For Windows 8
- Firstly, you need to click on the Start tab
- Secondly, right click to open the Start Context Menu
- Thereafter, you need to click on Programs and Features
- Next, you need to browse windows installer error code
- Furthermore, you need to click on Uninstall and Change
- Carry out the instructions on the screen in order to complete the process
For Windows XP
- Being a Windows XP user, you need to first click on the Start tab
- Thereafter, you need to go to Programs and Features
- Next, you should click on the Control Panel
- Furthermore, click on “Add or Remove Programs”
- Thereafter, you need to locate the Windows Installer Error Code 1612 related issue from the list of currently installed programs
- Moving forth, you need to click on the Windows Installer Entry
- After that, click on Remove tab
- In order to complete the process, perform the instructions displayed on the screen
In this method, the user first needs to click on the Start menu
- After that, click on the Command in the Search bar
- Subsequently, you should avoid hitting the Enter tab
- Press the CTRL and Shift tabs. After that, hit the Enter tab
- You will get a dialog box appearing on the screen
- You need to then click on the Yes tab
- Moving forward, you will get a black box with a blinking cursor appearing on the screen
- In this box, you need to type in sfc/scannow
- Furthermore, click on the End tab
- Lastly, you need to run the System File Checker
After the System File Checker starts scanning, you need to perform steps according to the on-screen prompts.
- In this particular method, we need to reset the patch
- If it doesn’t work once, the user needs to re-download the patch
- Thereafter, access the shared download folder option
- Consequently, you need to turn it off one by one
- Subsequently, click on the OFF button
- Next, you need to click on the Save tab
- Next, perform the above steps once again
The user can repair the installation by adding or removing the said programs in the control panel
We have listed the steps above which can help the user in eliminating the QuickBooks Error Code 1612 successfully. However, if due to some reason, you are not able to navigate through this particular issue, you might want to get in touch with our adept team of professionals who can help you in getting rid of of the error permanently.
We are a team of techanically proficient professionals who have sound knowledge and technical know-how about the QuickBooks issues. Feel free to get in touch with us through our website [www.quickbooksorg.com] or shoot us a mail at [email@example.com].