As the name itself indicates, QuickBooks File Doctor is an efficient utility in the program that can resolve the common issues related to the QuickBooks company file. Earlier, it was used as an individual tool; however, you users can now run it from within the QuickBooks Tool Hub. You might have used this tool to fix damaged data or other issues related to the QuickBooks company file. If you want to learn everything about this tool, reading this post until the end can help. Let’s explore.
QuickBooks File Doctor:- A Brief Overview
QuickBooks File Doctor helps users to recover damaged data files and resolve other related issues. It can help users deal with various data integrity issues, such as missing or blank customer, employee, or vendor lists. Besides, it is helpful in eliminating the issues related to the error code series 6000, such as errors -6000 -305, -6000 -301, -6147, or -6130, and various others.
Furthermore, this tool is also effective in a variety of the program issues, such as network problems, window-related problems, connection problems, and various others. It runs automatically, scans the file for potential problems, and resolves data integrity issues. The scan time depends upon the size of your data file.
There are two different types of Intuit File Doctor Tools. The stand-alone version is used from the server, where QuickBooks Database Server Manager is installed to host the file. The other one is the built-in version that comes with QuickBooks 2016 and later versions of the program.
Important Things You Need To Know About QBFD Tool
Before we proceed any further, let’s discuss some important things about the tool:
- When downloading the latest version of the tool, you need to ensure that the older version is uninstalled. No two different instances of the tool must run at the same time.
- Versions that come after QuickBooks Desktop 2015 version come with an inbuilt Intuit File Doctor; however, an external file doctor tool works better.
- The tool is accessible with all QuickBooks programs for Windows versions only. It is not accessible on Mac OS.
- In some issues, the tool might appear automatically. In such a case, all you need to do is to click the Start tab and let the tool do all the troubleshooting.
How To Utilize QuickBooks Tool Hub?
If you are wondering how this QBFD tool works, you can run it from within the QuickBooks Tool Hub. Tool Hub acts as a tool launcher in the program to resolve a wide variety of technical issues. It contains various error categories in the program, and based on the category, you can run a specific tool. So, you need to download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub to run the File Doctor utility. Below are your steps:
First Step: QuickBooks File Doctor Download & Install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
In the first place, you need to install the tool hub on your device. To do so, you need to visit Intuit’s official website and look for the latest version of the tool. Implement the following steps:
- Make sure that the QuickBooks Desktop application is not active.
- Thereafter, download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub available.
- Save the downloaded file to an easily accessible location, as you will need it while installing the tool.
- Next, open the downloaded file by navigating to the location it is stored wherein.
- Moving ahead, follow the on-screen installation instructions and agree to the given terms and conditions to put it to use.
- You may use the Browse option if you are unable to locate the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
Second Step: Utilize Quick Fix My File
Before running the QuickBooks File Doctor, you need to run Quick Fix My File by following the below-given steps:
- When in Tool Hub, navigate through the error category and select Company File Issues.
- Next, select the Quick Fix My File option to move ahead.
- Once done, click OK and wait for the process to complete.
- Launch the QuickBooks application thereafter.
Third Step: Run QuickBooks File Doctor To Fix Your Data Issues
This is the final step wherein you can run the tool. Below are your steps:
- You need to select Company File Issues again to start the process.
- Thereafter, select the QuickBooks File Doctor. Wait for the file to open and if it is taking time.
- If the file is not opening, you will need to find the QuickBooks Desktop File Doc and open it manually.
- When in QuickBooks File Doctor, click the drop-down list to select the company file. If you can’t locate your file, Browse and search option can help.
- Next, select the middle option labeled Check your file and click Continue.
- Now provide your QuickBooks admin password and select the Next option.
After running the QuickBooks File Doctor, you will have to wait for up to 15-20 minutes. If the scan says it was unsuccessful, you don’t need to worry, as the issue is resolved. After the completion of the scan process, open your QuickBooks company file and check if the error is resolved or not.
In A Nutshell!
We have seen in this post that QuickBooks File Tool is an incredible utility in the program that can resolve the issues related to QuickBooks Desktop company files, network issues, connectivity problems, and several others. Using this tool, you can keep the integrity of your data intact. However, if you need any further assistance, feel free to connect with us, and our professionals will guide you with one-on-one assistance.
Read Also :- Connect Bank Account to QuickBooks Online