At times, QuickBooks users might encounter QuickBooks desktop won’t open Error because of some installation issue. Apart from this, there are numerous other reasons as well that interrupt QuickBooks and end up with this Error. Whenever a user experiences this Error, they simply can’t access any tool of the QuickBooks Sofware, and it might be possible that even the System starts responding slowly to your command.
Thus if you come across QuickBooks that won’t open the issue, you need to fix it as early as possible so that you can utilize its tools and features. Read this blog to know all the possible solutions to overcome the problem.
Wondering how to resolve QuickBooks won’t open Error and need instant help? Consult our experts by mailing at email@example.com and resolve your issue within the shortest time applicable.
Why do you face QuickBooks Desktop Won’t Open Error in your System?
Knowing the exact reason why QuickBooks won’t open in your System will guide you in getting rid of the problem easily. So in this section, we have stated all the possible reasons that might evoke this Error.
- Your System’s hard disk is damaged.
- Your Windows Operating System is outdated.
- The QuickBooks version you are using is not updated to its latest version.
- Your Company File is facing some issues.
- .ini files are damaged or corrupted.
- Your Company name is a bit too long.
- You might have done something wrong while installing the QuickBooks Desktop Software.
- Windows users won’t have proper Administrator access.
How do Identify QuickBooks Desktop Won’t Open Error?
After learning about the causes, if you are still confused about the Error, then check if you are encountering the given signs in your device:
- The QuickBooks Desktop is freezing.
- Your System starts hanging every now and then.
- You won’t be able to open the QuickBooks Software.
- Windows starts responding slowly to your command.
- You face difficulties in opening the QuickBooks Company File.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Won’t Open Error?
Finally, let’s initiate our discussion over the solution to the Error because of which you can’t use the QuickBooks Software.
1 Solution: Use the Quick Fix my Program option from QuickBooks Tools Hub
The Tool Hubs by QuickBooks can help you fix all the common Errors you face while using the software. To utilize the Tool Hub, simply Close the QuickBooks software, and follow the given steps:
Note: It is recommended to use Tool Hub on Windows 10, 64-bit, to experience the best version.
- Turn Off the QuickBooks.
- Thereafter download the newly launched version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now you have to Save the downloaded file in your System.
Note: In case you already have Tool Hub installed in your System, then verify what version it is.
- Next, open the downloaded file, i.e., QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Moving ahead, agree to the mentioned terms & conditions.
- Once you are done with the installation, open the Tool Hub by double-clicking on its icon.
Note: In case the icon is not on your screen, then search for it using Windows.
Now, after installing the Tool Hub, you have to use Quick Fix. This will turn off all the open background processes that QuickBooks uses. In other words, it will run an instant repair in your Program. Hence, undertake the steps discussed below to run the Quick Fix my Program option:
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Thereafter navigate to the Program Problems, and select it.
- Click on Quick Fix My Program.
- Now, open QuickBooks Desktop and check your Data files.
2 Solution: Make Use of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
If the first way doesn’t work for you, then try to troubleshoot the problem using the Diagnostic tool to check all the installation errors:
- At the beginning of the process, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now from there, move to the Installation issues, and select it.
- Choose QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, and let it run properly.
- Note: It can take 20 minutes or more.
- Now when the tool is done with its work, reboot your System
- Open QuickBooks Desktop again, and check your data file.
3 Solution: Suppress the QuickBooks Desktop
We already mentioned that your QuickBooks could face issues due to damaged company files. Thus in such a scenario, you need to check if the issue is with QuickBooks or your data files. So, rectify the problem using the discussed methods:
- Initiate the process by pressing and holding the Ctrl key.
- Thereafter double-click on the QuickBooks Program icon.
- Choose Run as Administrator.
- Now, wait for a few seconds to get to the screen of the No Company Open window.
- Thereon, release the Ctrl key now.
- Now hit on the option to choose the company file, followed by tapping the open button.
4 Solution: Repair the damage in the QuickBooks Desktop Installation
It will fix all the damaged files of installation that lead to QuickBooks desktop won’t open Error. However, before moving ahead, it is recommended to make a backup first.
- Start the process by rebooting your System.
- Now, launch the Control Panel using the Start menu button.
- Select Program and Features.
- Next, hit on Programs.
- Now a list of programs will appear on your screen; look for QuickBooks Program.
- Thereafter right-click on that, and choose the Uninstall/Change option.
- Moving ahead, select Continue.
- Tap on the Next Button.
- Hit the Reair option to initiate the repair process, followed by selecting the Next tab.
- When the repair process is complete, select the Finish option.
- Now that QuickBooks is repaired, perfectly update it and utilize the feature effortlessly.
5 Solution: Install QuickBooks Desktop Again
If none of the prior methods works in your favour, uninstall the QuickBooks software and then install it again. This will do a proper cleanup of your System.
- Begin the process by opening the Windows Start button.
- Thereafter look for Control Panel.
- Now, launch Control Panel.
- Click on Programs & Features, or uninstall the Program.
- Here you can see a list of programs and choose the QuickBooks version you want to delete from your System.
- Tap on Uninstall/Change button followed by Remove.
- At last, select Next, and you are done with the Uninstallation.
Now Reinstall the QuickBooks Program
- After removing the QuickBooks from your System, navigate to the downloaded file.
- Now, double-click on the installer file that has the .exe extension.
- The installation wizard will appear in front of you.
- Moving ahead step-by-step, follow the instructions mentioned n your screen.
- Now, hit the Finish tab.
- The installation process is completed now; open QuickBooks now and enjoy its benefits.
Summing it Up!
We hope that the above-stated solutions will guide you in tackling QuickBooks Desktop Won’t Open problem. However, if this Error still obstructs you while using QuickBooks, you must consult with our professionals through live chat. Apart from that you can also send an email to our experts and acquire the best possible assistance.
Read also :- QuickBooks Error Code 31600