QuickBooks is a powerful accounting solution that helps businesses manage their financial management operations with great efficiency. It enables users to mail forms like Invoices, Purchase Orders, or Estimates using Outlook as their email preference in QuickBooks.
However, there are several instances when you may not be How to Fix Email Issues in QuickBooks Desktop from within the QuickBooks Application. Connectivity problem is one of the main reasons behind the inability to send your mail to Outlook.
In this post, we will discuss the possible reasons behind this error, including how to fix email errors in QuickBooks Desktop.
Various Instances of Email Errors in QuickBooks
When sending forms and invoices in QuickBooks, you may encounter multi-faceted email issues. To get rid of the error, you need to know them in the first place. Below are some common instances of the email issues in QuickBooks Desktop:
1: Incorrect Email Address or Password
In such a case, open your Internet browser and try to log into your email account by entering your user name and password. Once done, hit the sign-in button and check if the user credentials you have entered are still working for you or not.
Make sure that you are not making typo errors when entering your username and password. Also, check the entered credentials twice before you sign in.
2: Internet Connection Issues or Firewall Blocking The Connection
Internet connection issues are one of the most straightforward reasons for the email issues to crop up. Besides, sometimes, it can be your Firewall that is blocking the connection due to some security concerns.
In such a case, make sure that you are connected to a stable and strong Internet connection. Also, disable your Firewall to prevent it from blocking a connection.
3: Incorrect Email Server Settings
To send emails from QuickBooks to your email account, make sure that your email server settings are configured properly. If not, you are susceptible to receiving the error when sending an email. Check your webmail preferences and then try to verify if the error is fixed or not.
Read also How to Solve QuickBooks Sign-In Issues?
QuickBooks Is Unable To Send Emails To Outlook – Possible Reasons
Before you proceed further and perform the basic troubleshooting, better check the possible reasons behind the problem. It will guide your way through the error resolution:
- When email settings are not properly configured, you may experience an error when sending an email to Outlook.
- A damaged .DLL file can also evoke an error in sending an email.
- When QuickBooks is running as an administrator.
- Partial, incorrect, or damaged installation of the QuickBooks application.
- When you try to send an email through QuickBooks while Outlook is already running in the background.
Now that you know the possible reasons behind the error, the next section will describe how to fix them to send emails from within QuickBooks.
How To Troubleshoot Email Problems in QuickBooks Desktop?
Emails have become an integral part of our day-to-day communication, be it personal or professional. In QuickBooks, you can send sales forms, invoices, and promotional emails to the customers.
However, when Unable to send emails to QuickBooks occurs, it not only hinders your workflow but also hampers your peace of mind. To get rid of this error, follow the below-described solutions:
Solution 1: QuickBooks Must Not Running As an Administrator
In the first solution, you need to make sure that QuickBooks is not running as an administrator. Below are the steps:
- On your Windows Desktop, locate and right-click on the QuickBooks icon and select Properties from the drop-down list.
- Now underneath the Compatibility tab, uncheck the box for Run this Program as Administrator option.
- In the end, click OK and restart QuickBooks Desktop.
Still getting email errors in QuickBooks? Follow the next solutions if you are not sure how to fix email errors in QuickBooks Desktop?
Solution 2: Rectify Your Email Preferences in Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is the most preferred Internet browser by QuickBooks. Check if the email preference on Internet Explorer is properly configured. To ensure:
- Close QuickBooks if open, and then launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, select Tools and thereafter Internet Options.
- Moving ahead, click on the Programs tab.
- Here, you need to ensure that the correct email program has been set as the default email program. It means that when you send an email through Outlook, it should be selected in the option, and the same goes with Outlook Express.
- After performing the above-listed task, close Internet Explorer.
- Finally, launch the QuickBooks program and send an email.
Solution 3: Check Email Settings in QuickBooks
If you are using the Microsoft Exchange Server, you need to signed-in with your account in Outlook. After ensuring it, follow the below-described steps:
- Launch the QuickBooks Desktop application and select Preferences from under the Edit tab. Now click Send Forms.
- Located underneath the My Preferences tab, use Send email using the option to choose how you want to send the email and then click OK.
- Choose Outlook Email from the available options if you use Outlook for sending emails and hit the OK button.
- Now leave QuickBooks and restart Windows to proceed further.
- In the end, launch QuickBooks and try to send an email in order to verify the error resolution.
Solution 4: Test and Troubleshoot MAPI32.dll File
In this step, you need to determine and resolve the issues related to the MAPI32.dll file. It is a demanding task; however, with the help of the below-given steps, you can get it accomplished:
- Restart the computer and then open Windows.
- Next, open a new MS Word document.
- Now follow the given series of actions – File >> Send >> Email as PDF Document.
- If there exists an error, reach out to Microsoft Help to resolve issues with MAPI settings and Outlook.
- After the resolution of the error, mail the report.
If you are unable to do so, follow the below-described steps:
- First thing first, close all Windows and then hit the Windows Start button.
- Now go to Computers and then navigate to ‘C:\\Windows\\System32‘.
- Thereafter, double-click on ‘Fixmapi.exe file’ and follow the on-screen prompts.
- After the repair is done, restart your PC and check if the error is resolved.
If this solution doesn’t work, rename the MAPI32.dll file. Navigate to the folder containing the file and open it. Next, locate and right-click on the MAPI32.dll file and select Rename from the drop-down list. Add .ODL at the end of the file name – ‘MAPI32.dll‘ to ‘MAPI32.dll.OLD‘. Thereafter, restart your computer and run Fixmapi.exe again.
Solution 5: Reinstall QuickBooks Using Clean Install Tool
If none of the solutions can bring luck to the error resolution, it indicates the possibility of the damaged QuickBooks application. In such a case, you need to reinstall the QuickBooks software using Clean Install Tool. Clean Install tool is an important utility in QuickBooks that removes QuickBooks installation files and folders from your machine completely.
- Firstly, you need to save all your work and close all the active web pages and applications to start the procedure.
- Next, click on the Start button and type Task Manager in the search area.
- In the Task Manager window, you need to close all the QuickBooks-related processes.
- Moving ahead, use the Clean Install tool to rename all the program files and the QuickBooks application.
- Thereafter, restart your machine.
- Look for the folders that are not renamed and rename them manually.
- Now uninstall QuickBooks software and reboot your computer.
- Here, you need to have your Product and License number handy.
- Insert the disk for installation into your disk drive. Alternatively, you may download an installation source copy from the Internet.
- Moving ahead, run the installation wizard and follow the instructions given on the screen:
- Now open QuickBooks and reactivate the program.
- After that, update QuickBooks from within the Help menu.
After following these steps carefully, open the QuickBooks company file and try to send the email.
Solution 6: Repair Outlooks
If the error continues to irritate you, possibly the error can be with your Outlook mail application. Reinstall Outlook and check if it resolves the error.
Read Also: How to Add and Delete QuickBooks Online User
QuickBooks allows users to send emails with Outlook as an email preference. It plays a crucial role in your day-to-day communication; however, an error can obstruct you from sending forms and invoices to the customers. If you are facing such trouble, this post elaborates on how to fix email errors in QuickBooks Desktop. However, if you are still stuck after trying the solutions in this post, get in touch without QuickBooks experts and get instant help.
1: How to set up Outlook to work with QuickBooks?
In QuickBooks, users can send transactions using Outlook. You need to set up Outlook to work with QuickBooks in the first place. Thereafter, you can send reports, forms, and invoices. Before you proceed any further, make sure that you have an account with Outlook and then ensure that you are using Outlook 2010 or a newer version. To do so, you need to contact your Internet provider to get some information, such as Username, Password, Incoming email server type and address, and Outgoing email server address. After having these information handy, you can set up Outlook to work with QuickBooks.
2: How to set up regular Webmail with QuickBooks?
You can send emails from QuickBooks by setting up regular webmail. To do so, you need to open QuickBooks and then click Edit >> Preferences >> Forms. Next, you have to select Webmail and select add. Now provide all the information you are asked to enter. Hit the OK button to save the changes you have made. If you are getting email errors in QuickBooks Desktop when setting up email, reaching out to the experts can help.
3: How does email work with QuickBooks Desktop?
In QuickBooks, you can set up Outlook or regular webmail to send forms, transactions, and invoices and do most of your day-to-day communication with your clients. You need to set up your email account with QuickBooks in the first place. Try using the newer versions of the QuickBooks Desktop to connect to your email. To make it work, you need to link your Intuit account with your webmail account. After connecting the two, you don’t need to re-enter your password every time you want to utilize webmail to send an email from within QuickBooks.
4: Is it possible to send mass emails from QuickBooks?
Yes! If you want to send a mass email to all your customers in QuickBooks, the program allows you to do so. When you click on Customers in QuickBooks, it takes you to the customer list. Here, you can see a small box to the left.
You may choose the customers you want to email. If you want to send them all, click on the batch action, and all the customers will receive your email at the same time. It can save your time and efforts in sending emails individually.
5: How to contact experts to get help with email errors in QuickBooks Desktop?
When sending emails in QuickBooks, you may experience multi-faceted email errors in QuickBooks Desktop. Getting errors in the program can be annoying, and you want them to fix as soon as possible.
If you feel stuck, just send us an email or chat with our experts to give us a brief about the error that you are facing. Once received, our experts will start working on it and get it fixed for you in no time.