Whenever you visit a web page, the web browser saves data from the page in its cache memory to be load faster the next time you visit the same web page. If your browser’s cache memory is full and it is unable to store any more data, then your browser will give an error message 502 bad gateway in QuickBooks Online. You can easily remove the error message 502 bad gateway from the browser by clearing the cache memory. Further, in this blog, you will find some more reasons that may be responsible for QuickBooks Error 502 error along with its solution. You can contact QuickBooks customer support to speak with the experts who can help you resolve this error.
Why QuickBooks Online Encounters 502 Bad Gateway Error?
Some of the reasons which are responsible for the QuickBooks Online to show 502 Bad Gateway error are:
- Web browser’s cache data is full
- The trojan infection has infected your web browser’s internal files.
- Intuit’s website is not added as a trusted site in your browser
- The cache memory of QuickBooks applications is full
- Active Scripting is turned off in your browser’s settings
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Online 502 Bad Gateway Error
You can follow below-mentioned tips for resolving the error code 502: bad gateway in QuickBooks:
Solution 1: Clear Cache and Cookies Data of the Web Browser
- Open Google Chrome and click on the three dots that are present at the top right corner.
- Then go to More Tools and select the Clear Browsing Data option.
- Make sure to select the ‘All Time’ in the drop-down list of Time Range
- You have to check the box next to Cookies, Other Site Data, Browsing History, Cached Images and Files.
- Then click on the button of Clear Data.
- Click on the three bars present at the top right and then select Options.
- You then have to click on the Privacy and Security tab.
- Check-mark the boxes of Cookies and Site Data and Cached Web Content and then click on Clear button.
- Open the Internet Explorer and click on the option of Tools > Internet Options.
- Click Delete button that is there under General tab
- You need to check the box of Temporary Internet Files and Cookies.
- At last, click the Delete button.
Solution 2: Clear Cache Data from QuickBooks Online Desktop App
- If you are using the QuickBooks Online Desktop app, you need to open the application first and then click on Reset App Data option under the Help tab.
- You have to restart the app and then check if error 502 Bad Gateway is resolved or not.
Solution 3: Add Intuit as a Trusted Website in Your Web Browser’s Settings
- Open Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options.
- Select Trusted Sites that is present under the Security tab.
- Click on the Sites and then type *.intuit.com. You need to ensure to uncheck the checkbox of ‘Require server verification (https:) for all the sites.’
- Click on the Add and then hit Close button.
Safari on Mac:
- Open Safari web browser and type intuit.com in the address bar.
- Click on the Bookmarks and then select Add Bookmark option.
- From the drop-down list of ‘Add this Page’ select Top Sites and then click on Add.
Solution 4: Enable Active Scripting in the Internet Explorer
- Open the Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Security Tab > Internet icon
- Select the Custom Level and then click on Enable for Active Scripting.
- At last, hit the OK button.
If following these troubleshooting steps do not help you and you are still getting a 502 Bad Gateway message in your browser while accessing QuickBooks Online, you should take expert’s help. You can get in touch with certified technicians at QuickBooks customer care number to get a quick and permanent solution.