QuickBooks error 103 is related to the online banking feature. When you try to log into your online banking, your bank does not acknowledge the credentials you have entered, which leads to the error code 103 in QuickBooks. Online banking is one of the most incredible features in the program that helps users keep track of their financial transactions. However, there are multi-faceted reasons why you get to see this error code on your screen. In this blog, we will discuss QuickBooks error 103 along with its important aspects. Furthermore, it also elaborates on some effective solutions to kill the annoyance. Check it out!
QuickBooks Banking Error 103: Description
Banking error 103 indicates that the credentials you have entered to log into your account aren’t recognized by your financial institution. In this situation, your bank stops processing your sign-in request and prompts you to update your product’s information. By updating your product information, you can keep the concerning online banking error at bay. There can be several reasons why you are seeing QuickBooks Online error 103 on your screen, which we will further discuss in this post.
Why Am I Getting QuickBooks Bank Error 103?
If you are receiving the QuickBooks error code 103, any of the below-given reasons can be the responsible factor:
- When there are missing cookies.
- Bugs in .msi files can also promote error 103 in QuickBooks.
- Improper configuration of the Internet browser.
- Intuit QuickBooks error 103 configuration problem.
- Connection issues can also evoke errors in the QuickBooks program when accessing your online bank account.
- An enabled approval facility is also one of the possible reasons behind the error.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Online Bank Error 103?
If you are facing an error when logging into your bank account, QuickBooks, below are some tried and tested solutions that can solve QuickBooks error 103:
Solution 1: Validate Your Login Credentials
Before you log into your bank’s account from within QuickBooks Online, validate it by logging into your bank account. Here’s how:
- On the error message pop-up, click on Verify your credentials link.
- The previous action will open a new window to enter your login info.
Note: Disable the Auto Fill option in your browser and type your user name and password carefully to avoid any error.
- Now log into your bank’s site to proceed further.
- When logged in successfully, go back to QuickBooks Online and enter the same credentials in your bank’s website again.
- In the end, click on Update Sign-in Info to finish the task.
Now check if the error is fixed or not. If the results are not favorable, move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Change Your Bank’s Login Credentials in QBO
As we have discussed that the problem occurs when logging into your bank’s account; change your bank’s login credentials from QuickBooks Online. To do so:
- From within the menu, select the Banking option located on the left side.
- Now, click the Pencil icon, which opens the Settings option.
- Here, click on Edit Sign-in Info.
- Next, on the top of the window, locate and click on the hyperlink, and it will take you to the bank’s official website.
- On the website, you will see a window of your bank.
- Confirm that you are able to locate various options, such as Summary, History, and other details. This information will help you access your account using the bank’s website.
Change your login credentials and check if the error is resolved or not. If the error persists, try the next solution.
Solution 3: Add A Different Account For The New Connection
When setting up a new connection, you need to add a different account. To add:
- Choose Transactions and then click the Banking option.
- Thereafter, select Add Account on the banking page to proceed further.
- Now copy the bank’s URL and paste it into the Search field.
- When the results appear for your search, you can see the “New connection with a different login” option on your screen.
- Here, you need to provide your bank’s login credentials accurately.
- Thereon, link your QuickBooks account with your Bank account and click Connect.
- In the end, click OK and check if these steps solve QuickBooks error 103 or not.
Solution 4: Disconnect An Existing Account
If the error continues, disconnect an existing account by following the below-given steps:
- First thing first, you need to choose Transaction and then click the Banking option.
- Next, select the account you want to disconnect or stop working with.
- Hit the Pencil option that denotes the Edit option here.
- Now click Edit Account Info and move to the next step.
- Mark the checkbox for Disconnect the account and click on Save to confirm the changes you have made.
If this solution doesn’t help you with your quest on how to solve QuickBooks error 103, move to the next solution.
Solution 5: Configure Your Web Browser to Eliminate The Error
If the error is still causing annoyance, then you need to configure your web browser settings to support the login process. Below are the steps:
5.1: Clear Your Browser Cache
- On your keyboard, press CTRL + Shift + Delete buttons simultaneously, and it will open your browser settings.
- Now on the “Clear browsing data” window, check-mark the box against Cache.
- Make sure that the box for Cookies is not marked.
- Now in the Time Range section, select Everything or All times and hit Continue.
5.2: Allow Pop-ups – Google Chrome
- From within Google’s setting menu, select Pop-ups located underneath the Content option.
- Now change the configuration to Allowed and close the Chrome window.
5.3: Allow Pop-Ups on Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox and then go to the About section.
- Now from under the Preferences tab, click on Privacy.
- Next, locate the Permissions section wherein you need to unmark the Block Pop-up Windows option.
- Once done, quit your browser.
5.4: Restrict Extensions on Chrome
- To restrict add-ons/extensions on Chrome, click on three dots and choose More Tools.
- Next, select Extensions and disable all the extensions by turning the switch located in the lower right corner.
- Here, ensure that all the extensions are closed and close the window.
5.5: Restrict Extensions on Firefox
- Press CTRL + Shift + A keys together, and it will open the list of the add-ons.
- In the Extensions section, click on the three dots and then click Disable option.
- Perform the same until all the extensions are disabled from your browser.
- In the end, close the window to conclude the task.
5.6: Create a New User on Chrome
- From the top right corner, click on the Profile icon and select +Add at the end.
- Thereafter, enter the TEST ACCOUNT in the name field and select Add.
- Now log into your bank using the Test Account you have created.
- If you need to access the account once, open it in the incognito window.
How To Resolve Error 103 in QuickBooks Self Employed?
When using the QuickBooks Self Employed version, if you are getting QuickBooks error 103, then the below-given steps can help you in the error resolution:
- From within the error message, click Reconnect.
- Now type the user name and password manually to proceed further.
- Thereafter, click on the Update Sign-in Info button.
- Next, you need to verify the bank connection using the below-given steps:
- Search your bank’s login page URL.
- Firstly, you need to search the that you use to log into your bank account.
- When the search results appear on your screen, try all the results by removing certain strings from the URL.
- Keep looking until your search ends.
- For QuickBooks error 103 taking place with the key bank, sign in to your account from the bank’s website and check for third-party access.
- Go to the Self Service tab and then select the Manage Security option.
- Alternatively, you can click on Business Tools and then select Manage Security options.
- In the end, look for the Thord Party Access for the error resolution.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15106
The solutions described in this post can help you in eliminating the QuickBooks Online error 103. The users who are not tech-savvy may find it difficult to perform the described solutions. In case of any technical perplexity, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks professionals, and they will help you ease your quest. You can not only get the QuickBooks error 103 resolved, but also get all your queries answered related to this error. Get in touch with us!
1: What is the quickest way to resolve banking error 103?
When QuickBooks error message 103 appears on your screen, click Verify your credentials link, and it will take you to the bank’s website. Here, you need to re-enter the login credentials accurately from the bank’s site. Thereafter, enter your login ID and password in QuickBooks to check if the error is resolved or not. Enter your login credentials with the utmost care and attention.
2: What are the benefits of banking features in QuickBooks?
There is a myriad of advantages to using bank feed features in QuickBooks. It can automate your credit card and bank reconciliation so that the discrepancies in the transactions can be detected and resolved. When you enter every transaction downloaded from the bank feed, it will mark all your transactions as reconciled. Besides, you can keep track of your income and expenses, thereby measuring the performance of your business.
3: What causes Intuit QuickBooks error 103 in Bank of America?
There can be multi-faceted issues that can evoke 103 in QuickBooks when logging into your Bank of America account. However, entering incorrect login credentials is one of the main reasons behind this error. To get rid of this problem, you need to enter your user ID and password when logging into your account.
4: How does QuickBooks work with the online banking feature?
To harvest the incredible features of your QuickBooks in managing your financial transactions, you need to add your bank account to QuickBooks. There is a banking module in QuickBooks Online that gives you an option to add bank or credit card accounts to the program. Additionally, you can track your transaction flow in your bank feeds. Besides, you can also categorize it for better understanding.
5: How to get instant help when getting QuickBooks online error 103?
If you are facing QuickBooks error 103, just let us know using our chat or email channels, and it will connect you with our experts. Describe your issues in detail; we are all ears to listen to your queries. Thereafter, the experts will provide you with the best solutions based on your error description. The more you describe it in detail, the better help we can offer you in your adverse time.
6: How to keep error 103 in QuickBooks at bay?
Getting issues when managing the crucial tasks of your business accounting can be annoying for anyone. In such a case, taking the required preventing measures can keep the technical error at bay. To prevent error 103 in QuickBooks, you need to enter your login credentials with the utmost care and attention. Besides, before proceeding any further, you need to make sure that you have an intact connection to perform the task. Avoid typo errors when entering your login credentials. It can prevent you from getting the error code 103 on your screen.